Life after the NFL lockout

Professional football, specifically the NFL is by FAR the most popular sport in the United States and growing all over the globe. I believe a huge part of why it's so popular is because the dudes wear helmets. Without helmets, a lot of these dudes are scary looking. I mean seriously, after most of them retire, they don't become Herschel Walker, they get fat! (ask Brian Mitchell). Imagine Marshawn Lynch after retirement, people are going to mistake him for T-Pain (Ima take you home with me!) lol. Darnell Dockett will get mistaken for Wocka Flocka lol I could go on all day.

Anyway back to my point, the NFL is most popular but is about to put that in jeopardy by this locking out after this season. Most would agree that lockouts don't help popularity, ask the NHL (who still ain't on ESPN). So what I'm here to tell you is what my plan would be after the lockout. The main thing the NFL will need to do in my opinion is spend less, attract more fans, and obviously increase revenue. So I know your thinking by now get to the point. I AM! Here we go:

(drum roll please)

You restructure the divisions! Yes I know it sounds simple, but hear me out and check out this plan. Let's quickly go division by division. First the NFC east. My

NFC East would look as follows: Pittsburgh, Philly, Washington, and B More.

Next the AFC east: New England, NY Giants, Buffalo, NY Jets.

Can you see what I'm getting at here, less travel equals less money spent and you gain interest by creating new rivalries within states. I know some will argue that this will ruin traditions such as skins/boys, but after a lock out people will want to watch and what a better way to stir the pot. Skins/Ravens will be a rivalry! And for all you locals, ya'll remember skins/steelers in Carlyle,PA on Fox 5 with Buckhantz lol. Okay let's rap this up, here are the remaining divisions including 2 new ones:

AFC Midwest: Kansas City, St. Louis, Chicago, Detroit - This could be a disaster if Stafford and Bradford don't work out.

NFC Midwest: Indianapolis, Cleveland, Cincinatti, and Minnesota


AFC South: New Orleans, Dallas, Houston, Jacksonville - Again creating new rivalries, no one would remember skins/cowboys once the texans start whoopin up on them boys.

NFC South: ATL, Carolina, Miami, Tampa Bay

NFC West: Oakland, San Fran, San Diego, Seattle
Now for the final division. If your not already adamantly disagreeing or shaking your head, this may cause you to do both. Now hear me out on the final division.

AFC West: Denver, Arizona, Green Bay, Tennessee
Green Bay has a huge following arguably the best fans in the league, revenue won't be an issue so why not put them in the wackest division. Lastly it still will result in equal or less travel for teams like Denver and AZ.

So there it is, my master plan for after the lockout. Less travel, increased interest by creating in state rivalries, and most importantly increased revenue. I talked to a guy recently who said "I don't like football, but I'm from Baltimore so I had to root for my Ravens over the Redskins, I hate Washington". It's that simple! The NFL will find themselves back on top in no time without losing any money.

Ray Rogers

DON'T FORGET TO CHECK OUT THAT URBAN SPORTS SCENE EACH AND EVERY WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts