Could the NHL be coming back?

I know this isn’t the most popular topic out there but did anybody watch the NHL Stanley Cup Finals between the Chicago Blackhawks vs. Philadelphia Flyers? We’ll somebody did. The NHL struck gold in terms of ratings. They had two big markets fighting for Lord Stanley’s cup. The Blackhawks' game six 4-3 overtime victory earned them their first championship since 1961 and drew a 4.7 rating and 8 share Wednesday night on NBC. Now the big question is—will this put the NHL back in the major sports league market?

Well the answer to that is yes. Now before I continue, let me honestly tell you that I don’t care for hockey anymore. The last time I watched a hockey season thoroughly was when my favorite team the Washington Capitals had players like Peter Bondra, Kelly Miller, Cote, and Dale Hunter leading the charge. I might have distance myself from the game but I and many others can’t deny the recent success of the NHL. Hockey is making a comeback. With the injection of Crosby and Ovechkin, the USA Hockey team almost winning the gold, and now a great rated NHL Stanley Cup Final, the NHL is now poised to make some serious noise again.



From what I do know about hockey this year’s Stanley Cup Champions are young and prime to be perennial champions. The Blackhawks have young good players all around the board such as Patrick Kane, Jonathan Toews, and Ducan Keith. Things are bright for the NHL. All they need is an Eastern Conference Final between the Washington Capitals and the Pittsburgh Penguins Ovechkin vs. Crosby in a game 7. The winner goes to the Stanley Cup final to play the Blackhawks. Once that goes down the NHL will back on ESPN LOL. Congrats Commissioner Gary Bettman your league is on the come up!

Comments

Popular Posts